Scholarship Description: The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is inviting applications for up to 6 ICS PhD positions for highly qualified graduates to start September 1st, 2018. These are fully funded PhD positions are available for International Students.
Scholarship Provider: University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for four hundred years, and with success: the University is currently in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Degree Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Sociology.
Scholarship Benefits: The University offers, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, a salary of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year up to € 2,840 gross per month in the fourth year based on a full-time position.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 6 PhD positions are available.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Application Procedure: If you are interested in one of the PhD positions, you may apply until May 14th, 2018 23:59 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
You need to upload the following documents (in pdf):
- A cover letter explaining your motivation (including the motivation for applying at the ICS and an explanation why you consider yourself as a suitable candidate for the preferred project(s)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including relevant extra-curricular activities and work experience
- ‘Extra attachment’ – copies of diplomas, a list of your courses taken, and grades obtained, and a proof of ability to communicate and write in English (one pdf)
- ‘Extra attachment (2)’ – contact information of two references
- ‘Extra attachment (3)’ – a copy and the title of your master’s thesis (or an unfinished version).
Interviews will be conducted on June 4th and June 5th, 2018 in Utrecht.
Please note that Skype interviews on May 23rd, 2018 could be part of the selection procedure.
Online Application: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?reply=00347-02S0006A0P
Scholarship Link: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/job-opportunities/overview?details=00347-02S0006A0P